Epic Escape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Story Progresses

+2
Ammonite
Masonimo
6 posters

Go down

The Story Progresses Empty The Story Progresses

Post  Masonimo Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:23 am

The party returns to their home and sleeps almost through the next entire day. (Taking into account that during this time they found a cleric high enough and pay him off to remove the negative levels from them). They then rest until their strength is fully restored.

The following night as they all sit around performing various individual tasks a knock comes at the door. Damon is found standing there in long black robes so as to disguise his identity from much of the world. Upon being invited in he simply hands a letter to you and remarks
Due to the current circumstance of me supposedly being non-existent I am unable to stay or talk in this open environment. I know the ears of Sanjak and your dwelling is not yet secure enough to keep them out. However, if you wish to meet with me after this simply use the mirror that is in Aki's possession. While the staff is no longer my power I still have a few of these communication mirrors to connect with those few loyal to me. You will need to make a public statement and/or display in the arena within 48 hours of Volta's demise or you will see your leverage for power given to those of lesser intelligence. Also I want to make it clear that what happened to Herb was prior to our arrangement and thus I cannot be held accountable for.
With this he departs.

The letter is relatively short and reads:
Midas Tribe,
As I mentioned yesterday your greatest enemy was not me. Volta only had interest in you because of the actions of your leader in attacking one of our brethren and your challenge against us in the public arena. However, MY interest in you was of a different purpose. There are three members of your party that have already been infected by your true threat. Demons. From the abyss these entities of chaos and wrath have been summoned and their powers trapped for incubation in creatures of this plane. From what I can tell the design of this is to create Demon hybrids for what purpose has yet to be revealed. I suspect that the Rhonic tribe might have something to do with this but am unable to prove any of it. Your party members have shown an extraordinary and curious resistance to the demons influence. In most cases the subjects become wild, ferocious, and esteem everyone but those of Chaos to be enemies. While these demons may not be your only or most immediate threat make no mistake that they are your greatest. The deities themselves have taken notice of this infestation and while our alignments do not agree on almost every front we can find a common enemy in the agents of Chaos.

(**OOC: in case you missed it: Next Action: Create a public display officially conquering Volta and stating your future agenda.)
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

https://mason.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Story Progresses Empty Raath's reaction to the letter

Post  Ammonite Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:28 pm

When the letter is done being read, Raath withdraws in confusion, muttering to himself almost imperceptably
...wasn't Volta... all this time I... but how could they...? ...who then could have...? ...what now to do...?
Ammonite
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

The Story Progresses Empty The Day has Arrived

Post  Masonimo Wed May 02, 2012 1:49 pm

The day has finally arrived.
In the early morning the party is awakened to the cries of a crowd outside in the streets. Aki notices that the mirror is again reflecting that which is found in the arena. A large crowd has gathered and all the tribal leaders are present (besides Volta). Cries are going out as the a variety of leaders give reasons for increasing their influence. Promises of protection, entertainment, and threats of treason are flying. The demise of Volta has clearly created a void in the power balance of Sanjak and it has become a political frenzy trying to fill the gaps. As the team watches these proceedings they finally recognize what the crowd outside is calling for. They are calling for the Midas Clan to weigh in, to make a stand, to dictate whether or not Volta has any power left. No one has seen or heard from our heroes since the big fight and it would seem that the general populous will not decide on who the next tribe is until the Midas Clan has made their intentions known.

Amidst this confusion the party is faced with a decision. Stay home and wait it out trusting someone else will fill the position or respond to the crowd by going to the arena and claiming the power that is up for grabs. Either way a decision must be made soon or one will be made for them.
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Story Progresses Empty Re: The Story Progresses

Post  shwilly Wed May 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Krahven looks around the room mind already set.
the time is now clan. We must choose. I throw my vote to take the power seat. What do you choose?
He looks at his clansmen waiting for their decision.
shwilly
shwilly
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Ammonite Wed May 02, 2012 10:11 pm

Raath stands up next to Krahven, nodding his head.
This is my vote as well. From what I can tell no one is opposed to this plan either. However, it doesn't seem like this opportunity will not wait on us long so we should go now. We have to make our statement to the city. Tell them this is our plan. Unless you want the two of us tactless brutes making said speech, then I suggest you come along.
With that Raath turns for the door, heading to the arena meeting. He looks over his shoulder to see who else, besides Krahven, is going to come with them.

OOC: I really hope you don't leave the speech thing to Raath, 'cuz he'll botch it almost guaranteed. Where's our charisma machine? LAAAAAAAAANCE?!
Ammonite
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Leightonius Wed May 02, 2012 10:24 pm

We have much to do, and strange, dark foes against us. Claiming Volta's place of power will be our best chance to fight these ambiguous foes.
With this said Rayne follows in Krahven and Raath's footsteps.
Leightonius
Leightonius
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Ammonite Sun May 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Assuming Lance comes with us and tells Raath what to say, he's not afraid to be the spokesman. Something to the effect that, "we were the ones that took down Volta, and we fully intend to take their place as a tribe in Sanjak" or something like that... put more eloquently and powerfully than that. pirat
OOC: I am just trying to move things along in this department. If anyone has anything more to add, by all means do. Otherwise... what happens after that GM? haha
Ammonite
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  kenjo Tue May 08, 2012 6:22 pm

OOC: sorry guys, busy times.
Lance agrees, we should take our place in the now vacant power seat as a new power.
He grabs the staff that he acquired from Damen (as a symbol of Volta's defeat), and heads out the door with the rest to make the announcement.
Diplomacy: +12
Leadership score: 15 (I don't know if it affects anything with this in particular, Mason, but I thought I'd include it just in case)
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Ammonite Tue May 15, 2012 9:20 am

OOC: Hello? Does anyone still check this... ever?
Ammonite
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  shwilly Tue May 15, 2012 2:41 pm

OOC well this kid does. Krahven junk punches Aki and takes a wee on his shiny mirror while he is holding it. but seriously what happens next? we said we'll take the chair but no return has come along. Aki was the only one who didnt join in but he's not gunna go do his own thing anytime soon, were are the spoils of our claim to the throne! and by claim i mean the part were we stabbed all the volta in the face with a rock continuously. we be kingin' up in this fish. so story ensues thusly. all the party members then stood around each holding their own willy while waiting for word from GM or croud or really anyone. weeeeeee!
shwilly
shwilly
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

The Story Progresses Empty Happenings (so sorry it took so long I suck :)

Post  Masonimo Sat May 26, 2012 12:24 pm

As our heroes leave the house they are overcome by the size of the mob outside their dwelling. While the people do their best to separate to let them past the density of the crowd is still felt on almost all sides. Cries of praise and promises of allegiance can be heard. As the heroes finally arrive in the arena a powerful emotion sweeps all. Almost as if a hush or gasp has swept the crowd. Those on the stand already recognize the crowds change in focus and reluctantly step aside to allow Midas to the stage. It is clear in some of their eyes that you are an unwelcome site. As Midas takes the stage, standing a defensible position by habit, A few voices spread out through the crowd begin to chant "Midas". Lance recognizes some of the voices as his followers but soon there are so many they cannot be distinguished.
Almost as a knee jerk response Raath draws his short sword raising it high in the air as if in triumph. Krahven follows suit without hesitation. Aki and Rayne close behind. The crowd erupts into chants and cheers that are deafening. Then as if it was planned beforehand Lance raises the staff of reflection. His hair stands on end with every inch it goes up. When it peaks shortly above his head a thin shot of lighting streaks from the end into the slightly cloudy sky. The Crack of thunder that follows outdoes the crowds volume and the entire arena and all of Sanjak it seems fall silent. The rest of the party lowers their weapons as if out of respect (though it is more from suprise)
Lance speaks and it is instantly clear that all can hear him he begins. He speaks of the Demise of Volta, scattered foes, and new allies. He mentions the long reign of Chaos in this land and as he does so it begins to rain. He speaks of the fear that has lived in the hearts of so many.
Some might think we come here to threaten our place into power. Others have tried bribes and petty manipulation to win your hearts. This is not our way
While he speaks other leaders either look down in shame or look away in malice. The group however, stands even taller with every word that flows from Lance's lips. Lance continues mentioning that those who will side with Midas do take a risk. While Midas has proven their ability to protect they do not pretend to be the safe road.
However, one day, like Volta, all the enemies of Midas will fall to ruin and not dare to challenge any who are under our tribes protection. We do not come to fight, bribe, or debate, over a sliver of power. We have proven our power and will take the position that is ours. One day the Sanjak region will be rid of Chaos and thrive under the protection of King Midas!
With a look of almost shock on his face at the words he has spoken he again lifts his staff into the air letting loose another bolt into the stormy sky. As if powered by the Gods it splits across the clouds breaking a hole through which the bright sun shines through falling on each member of the party. The party again as if out of sheer reaction raises their weapons high over their heads. The crowd erupts in rhythmic chants and cheers.
Our heroes glance at one another with an almost uneasy look. Each thinking to themselves. WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED! None able to speak. Weapons still drawn and the moment fading they quickly shuffle off the stage as if totally in control and make their way back to their current home. As they arrive home the door shuts behind them. The thoughts and feelings are mutual to all. The right thing has been done without question and many allies will come of this... However, the persistent thought remains. You have all challenged the basic foundations of Sanjak and definitely made enemies. War will undoubtedly follow.
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ammonite Tue May 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Raath thinks to himself, "WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED?!"

Despite all of the fear that Raath has felt previously, or that he is certain he should be feeling at this time, he feels a profound sense of calm and assurance that they did in fact do the right thing. He carefully considers the reactions and expressions of the others in the room, as he breaks the heavy silence.

Well... that got their attention.
Ammonite
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  shwilly Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:15 pm

A nasal chuckle escapes Krahven with a slight hiss and a creeping grin.
That it did. Quite the showman our Lance haha! We could have used some of that shiny mess of distraction a few times. glad to know theres more where that came from.

Krahven slaps the little Lance on his back perhaps a little too hard and lets out a laugh
shwilly
shwilly
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

The Story Progresses Empty AKi

Post  Scemmie Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:31 pm

Aki is still in aw about what just happened.

" Can you believe how many people out there love me!...(pause) I mean us...Isn't that amazing"
  • Aki is complete oblivious to the fact that the group just made new enemies.

Aki ponders why people suddenly liked him when they've never liked Aki before... Then he realizes something. Aki slowly turns to Lance as his eyes widened and his mouth drops open as he starts to drool.

under his breath
"Its because of that staff... i want it"

Aki quickly catches himself and decides to move slowly to lance and just stand next to him, because that’s what all good friends do. Aki then inches slowly closer and closer to Lance, hoping to get as close of a look as possible to this “friend making staff”. As Aki inches he starts to invade Lance's personal space.

Scemmie
Scemmie

Back to top Go down

The Story Progresses Empty Upcoming Events

Post  Masonimo Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:52 pm

The group spends some time discussing future action and plans for dwelling, preparation, and recap on the new found vision that they apparently have for their future. (This is done in Future Plans and Any other Public Communication forum). So far as they can tell a good chunk of the people have been accepting of their decision and claims. This is apparent by the seemingly flock of people that have come claiming to know Lance and provide him with information Smile . In this information that is given the group also learns that there are some that are very much opposed to the idea of "King Midas" rising to power. Though war has not begun and things seem to be normal there is very much a tension in the air that might just shift. Whether the shift is in the parties favor has yet to be determined.

Aside from these happenings the group receives the following invitation.
You are hereby invited or rather requested to take part in a never before done arena tournament. As one of the tribes of Sanjak you must have representatives take part. For this tournament multiple arena pits have been created so multiple fights can go on simultaneously. These fights will be challenges of assault and defense. In each pit there will be a valuable artifact to retrieve. One team will be tasked with defending the artifact to the death and the other will be tasked with retrieving it. The rewards will be given out at the end of the tournament according to how many artifacts you turn in to the arena office the rewards will be substantial. Your team will be assigned to an assault mission. The tournament starts in 3 days time.
Thanks for your participation,
Dynasty Tribe
Seems strange that with the big upset of power and unbalance and unsettled feeling that they would decide now to have a never before held tournament.

Party Choice Options:
- Participate, retrieve artifacts and turn them in.
- Participate for the purpose of investigating the tournament and it's purpose.
- Participate by proxy, investigate the presence of demons and their threat.
- Deny participation, seek out the demons and slay them with a vengeance.

These are optional Party choices just in case you need the direction in your next steps. Smile
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scemmie Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Aki looks to the group and says

"Why don't we check this out, and figure what is going on...... and in the mean time we can get some artifacts."

Aki then turns away from the group and mutters under his breath.

"Will the item be there?.. And if it is I must get it!"
Scemmie
Scemmie

Back to top Go down

Post  Leightonius Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Rayne is suspicious of these new tournament fights but given how recently they've become a tribe he suggests they not push their luck any further by out right refusing.

While I believe the demons are our greatest threat we must proceed carefully. We may be a tribe now but I think our fragility is all to apparent at the moment and we have definitely created enemies that would love to see us fall before we've barely begun to stand.

We need to move to location we can better defend and do it fast. We also need to make some more powerful friends. We may have the support of the people but if that's how power was wielded in Sanjack we wouldn't be fighting for survival in an arena. We need to establish ourselves fast before our enemies move.

Krahven has connections with the Mindon clan. I have connections with the Hiute clan. I suggest we talk with these clans and see if we can secure open support from them, perhaps even adopting them as part of tribe Midas. I mean, let's be honest, we'll never survive if the open membership of tribe Midas remains 5 strong. We must be extremely cautious, though. Who knows how I enemies may try use others against us.
Leightonius
Leightonius
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Ammonite Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:58 am

Raath nods slowly the whole time Rayne is speaking.
I agree that we need a more defensible homestead. Something that more closely resembles a fortress than a house would be nice. Does anyone have any experience in building, or designing such a structure? Because I don't know of one that currently exists that would be available to us, so having it built might be our option there, as soon as we can pay for it of course.
I'm not one to ask others to do for me what I can do for myself. If we are to participate in this tournament I'd rather we enter ourselves rather than send in proxies. Assuming we participate. It sounds like the group wants to though, so...
More powerful friends seems like a priority too, although making friends isn't exactly my strong point... but Lance...
Raath casts a hopeful look in the gnomes direction while he pauses.
This Hiute clan sounds like a promising prospect, Rayne. However, the Mindon clan you spoke of is, in fact, the Mindon tribe, and getting an well-established tribe to assimilate into our newly formed tribe is less than likely. There was communication in the past from a clan... called themselves the "power wielders" or something... I don't... does anyone remember what I am talking about? They seemed to be interested in siding with us at the very least. I feel like we should have the unanimous agreement of the party before officially admitting other groups into our tribe, for security purposes, because, like Rayne accurately surmised, we now have a lot of new enemies. We must be wise.
Ammonite
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

The Story Progresses Empty After brief conversation

Post  Masonimo Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:37 pm

As the days pass it becomes clear that this tournament is affecting the entire city of Sanjak. between 10 and 15 new, smaller pits have been built in a matter of days. An impressive feet for something that according to locals has never happened before. The group has many thoughts around this, questions that might need answering.
Why was the tournament happening now? How was this put together so fast if it was not previously planned? Where did dynasty get the money to offer such great rewards? Better yet where did they get the seemingly powerful artifacts that are being retrieved from the pits in the challenges? It would seem that perhaps there is more going on than meets the eye...
As the group ponders these questions they come back to the idea that in order to figure this out they must first gather support for their tribe. At this point Lance and Krahven offer themselves to go and check in with the Mindon Tribe as well as searching out smaller clans that are sympathetic to the cause of Midas. Meantime, Rayne, Raath, and Aki head out to track down their own allies. Their focus is on the Hiute clan which Rayne has already made previous contact with and what Raath describes as a dynasty member that may hold some answers and be willing to share. Splitting up with the enemies still at large doesn't seem extremely wise but there is a lot of ground to cover and the group figures that with the tournament capturing everyone's attention they should take advantage of the free distraction. With that the group prepares for their separate quests. Lance gathers information on the whereabouts of where the likely destinations will be of both groups and they set off.

Rayne, Raath, and Aki head towards the Hiute headquarters hoping to return with more allies and a stronger front to approach the coming tide of uncertainty. The Stronghold of Hiute has moved to the outskirts of town. As the group arrives at the front entrance peculiar lights begin to appear in the sky. Perhaps this was not the best idea after all....

(**Now is the time to level up your characters and prepare for tomorrows session. In short pack your bags and pick your weapons and spells ready to investigate and confront any obstacles along the way.) Smile
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down