Epic Escape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new dwelling

3 posters

Go down

The new dwelling Empty The new dwelling

Post  Masonimo Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:02 pm

This thread is to talk over ideas and specifications for the new house. Things to consider...
- Security (overall and individual such as alarm or chests or cabinets or locks)
- Storage (where do you keep your money)
- A name for the shop
- Items inside such as what rooms people claim.
- Servants name and class (he is level 1 and a merchant unless otherwise noted)
- Optional: type and quantity of clothes, rare items, special features like trap doors or passage ways or storage areas,

just ideas not required at all just depends on how much you desire to micro manage. With no input you will get exactly what is listed in the other forum and in living conditions chart and your servants name will be joe.
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

https://mason.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The new dwelling Empty Re: The new dwelling

Post  Ammonite Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:31 pm

I would like to submit the name of Alfred for our servant, he being the first of many I'm sure. Alfred could be our minion; our most favored butler. He could even have a British accent. king That's my vote. Merchant class is fine with me.
Ammonite
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Ammonite Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:44 pm

I might suggest a few things to the party in regards to our new home. Though it may be a temporary stepping stone on our way to fame and fortune, it is also the stronghold that we will be holed up in to survive in the meantime. I might suggest a few things like iron-barred windows, maybe some extra crossbows to shoot from said barred windows, iron reinforced doors with or without arrow slits (especially the ones that lead outside), perhaps a secret escape route from each of our rooms into some common defensive area, like maybe the basement or the alley behind the house? These things could be worth a few extra coins if they save our lives. Just something to think about.

I vote we all have our own locking chests in our rooms, like we did before, except nicer chests and locks of course. Then we should have a clan community chest/cabinet that locks also, where we can put stuff that isn't specifically anyone's but that we want to use/hang onto, rather than just sell. Money should be in a different place than the goods, safer that way in my opinion. Again, these are just suggestions.

Another thing to think about: there are only 4 upper rooms (bedrooms) in this house right? So, who's sharing a room with who? Just sayin'.

What does the party think about the name "Midas Merchandising" for the shop? It's simple, I know, but I am just trying to get the ball rolling on our brainstorming efforts. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Ammonite
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

The new dwelling Empty Upper Floor

Post  Masonimo Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:23 pm

The new dwelling Upperc10
This is the upper floor of your new house. The ground seen is just to represent where the road ally and such are. I think the bottom floor will be bigger but forgot to put the roof on this one so the inside is accurate to size but the outside is representation. Make sense? If you disagree with anything or want anything changed let me know and I will adjust it accordingly. i am still working on the other floors Smile

Last edited by Masonimo on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Masonimo Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:12 pm

The new dwelling Upperc11
Here is the ground floor for your new house. This does not include objects just the floor layout. The stairs to the basement are under the other stairs. Any questions? Feel free to ask.
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kenjo Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:35 am

I agree with Ammon, we need it defensible. I think we should each not only have a locking chest in our rooms, but a false-bottomed chest. (they cost more, but you can hide valuables in a secret compartment). Lance will do what he can to come up with some magical defenses or locking runes too, but physical defenses are needed as well. Also, since we seem to be the target of high-powered people, we should set up some sort of a watch order, either that or we can get a ring of sustenance and let that person watch all night. I can volunteer for that, since I could be crafting all night while on watch.
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum