Epic Escape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Main Story line Progression

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Main Story line Progression Empty Main Story line Progression

Post  Masonimo Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:29 am

After the party returned from their execution they were full of joy and hope. Counting their cash and planning their futures they were unaware of the powerful changes that their actions had inspired. After a couple days of planning, changing, and purchasing they are suddenly made aware of the chaos that was caused by their recent actions. This came in the form of Notes:
Midas Clan,
Ever since you entered this arena you have been offenders. Your reckless actions have caused trouble for our tribe repeatedly. Your recent infiltration and alterations of the pit were outrageous. However, your most recent actions in the pit have altered the balance of power in Sanjak. While we would normally have to call for your death we instead call for your aid. With the Manticore betrayal and your flawless victory against execution, Volta has lost much of it's former political power. Like sharks smaller clans and other tribes are attacking and undermining their authority. The entire political balance of Sanjak has been upset and a chaos is threatening. While this shift has weakened Volta in many ways it has also made them dangerous. They blame Dynasty for their defeat and look to take revenge on any who may have assisted you. They have made threats against our pit masters swearing to kill any who assisted you. Whether these threats have merit we are unsure. We would investigate these matters ourselves but our resources are focused on maintaining our position. It would mean future privileges for your clan if you would investigate these threats on our organization and eliminate them. Choose not to help and we will count you as complicit in the threats against our tribe.
Dynasty Tribe
Midas Clan,
Volta has no intention of letting you live. They blame many for the recent upheaval but you are at the core of it. They believe that if they can fulfill their initial desire in destroying you they will regain much of their power. You are a primary target. Please defend yourselves and be on constant alert. Rumor has it that they are searching out your location and have hired assassins to have you dealt with.
unsigned
As you look around after reading the notes you notice a few things. First, that many of the average people of Sanjak seem unaffected and continue to simply focus on money and gain. Second, aside from the general populous there is a unexplained tension in the air. At times small fights break out and the occasional body is seen in allies and streets. Despite the unrest you caused in the political arena you all get the uneasy feeling that there is something else going on.
(**OOC: In case this was not clear... Your party has two optional but important objectives. 1. Investigate the threats on Dynasty. 2. Set up defenses around your new home and shops. Other objectives may be read into as well but these are the two obvious ones I set up as a hook Smile )
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

https://mason.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Main Story line Progression Empty Re: Main Story line Progression

Post  Ammonite Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:21 pm

In light of recent news, Raath expresses his interest in moving somewhere a little more "secure" and perhaps even keeping a watch at night to ensure their safety. He doesn't feel like giving Volta any kind of advantage.

He also tells the party that he has no real beef with the Dynasty tribe and thinks that this might be an opportune time to gain their trust a bit more, especially considering the recent grief we've been causing them. He also again declares his undying hatred for Volta, and proclaims that he is all for helping Dynasty thwart their plans, whatever those dastardly plans may be.

I have an old... friend who works in pit operations somewhere. I think this might be a good time to make contact and see what else I can find out about all this. It shouldn't take me more than a day, so I should be back before nightfall. The sooner the better in my opinion too, before Volta has time to put any assassination plans into action.
Unless there is anything else happening of immediate import, Raath heads out on his own for a day in search of his friend. Although, he travels fully armed and armored this time, just in case.
Ammonite
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Leightonius Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:07 pm

I agree with Raath, we need a new place to live. It seems we've hurt Volta's pride and from what we've gathered so far they won't just let that go. We need some place we can actually defend.
Then muttering under his breath he says something about "a decent bed" and "Light willing some clean silk sheets".
It also appears Dynasty Tribe expects our assistance, they took little effort to vail the threat there at the end. I suggest a couple of us seek information about Volta's threats against Dynasty will the other's procur a new home and begin preparing defenses. I'll start looking into housing. Raath, before you leave do you have any suggestions on where to begin? Or any requirements on where we look? You do have the most experience in this place, after all.
Leightonius
Leightonius
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  kenjo Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:27 pm

I've learned a thing or two about the interior operations here through a few new connections I just made. You'd be surprised how easy it is to make new connections when your group defeats Volta during an execution order, and steals away the Manticore's loyalty. I have a few errands to run, one happens to be negotiating a new dwelling, with a place of business that will hopefully allow us to make some extra money on the side. I also plan on talking to the Manticores, as we said we would, and checking in on Grimold and Herb, to make sure they're doing ok. I know that if Volta finds out they helped us, they're probably doomed, and I think we should do what we can to help them out, considering their... kindness... towards us. Not to mention, we owe Herb 1000 Gold for his help, so I'll drop that off while I'm there. I'd go alone, but being so small, and knowing there are probably assassins out there waiting for me to walk past an alley doesn't make me feel great. If one of you would accompany me, it would make me feel much better. Any takers?
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Ammonite Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:03 pm

In response to Rayne's inquiries, Raath pauses and thinks for a moment.

Knowledge Local: +6

(OOC: GM?) Laughing

After sharing what he knows, Raath then again turns to leave, waving a suggestive hand toward the Cleric and the Barbarian.
Look after our little gnomish friend would you? He's kinda important. And fragile.
Ammonite
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Main Story line Progression Empty Raath's Knowledge

Post  Masonimo Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:20 pm

Raath mentions a place in town that is more on the outskirts of the arena. This would prove to be more defensible because the crowds are less and the status of people walking the streets is higher. It also would prove to be a higher quality of life (upper class) so selling would be more optimal there as well. He actually knows a guy who could set them up (Gavel) with a nice place near the Yaska tribe which so far is the least involved and thus also the least threatening or dangerous. (Or so he thinks Smile )
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leightonius Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:36 pm

To Lance:
I'll come along. I'd like to make sure we get adequate housing. I'd also like to give Grimold and Herb my personal thanks. Anyone else?
Leightonius
Leightonius
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Main Story line Progression Empty Assumed...

Post  Masonimo Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:03 pm

(OOC: It is assumed that if the majority of the party decides to take an action those who do not respond simply go along with it. In this case Aki and Krahven are assumed to agree with the plan and accompany Rayne and Lance.)
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shwilly Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:37 pm

(OOC: sweet cause that was totally my plan! Very Happy)

I'll come with you guys. I've a feeling we're being watched even now. Better to stay a group.
shwilly
shwilly
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Main Story line Progression Empty Hawaii!!!

Post  Leightonius Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:50 pm

OOC: So I'm headed to Hawaii on Saturday and will be gone for 10 days. This means I expect I won't make the next session. I'll monitor forums and hopefully post occasionally but I doubt I'll be as active until I get back. Smile
Leightonius
Leightonius
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Main Story line Progression Empty No need to brag...

Post  Ammonite Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:27 am

OOC: Yeah I hear it's hard to get internet access while you're chilling on the sandy beach in a bikini...
Ammonite
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Main Story line Progression Empty Moving on?

Post  Masonimo Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:28 pm

(OOC: So we have added thoughts yet no one has requested a place to live or crafted or anything. Just saying. Oh and we have an administrative tab for things that don't apply to the main story line Smile
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ammonite Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Raath returns to their chambers after a long day. He finds the place empty still, and wonders how the venture to procure better living quarters is coming along. He sets himself down on the edge of his still-slashed-up mattress and waits for their return.

(OOC: I hope you guys are gonna post something, cuz I don't know what Raath can do on his own at this point.)
Ammonite
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  kenjo Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:04 am

Lance waits patiently for a post from the all-knowing GM to see how their adventures talking to Herb and Grimold went, and what they were able to find/negotiate for housing.
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Main Story line Progression Empty DOH!!!

Post  Masonimo Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:56 am

Making up for lost time due to lack of understand from the all powerful cloud in the sky....

The party (exluding Raath) goes out and rather easily procures an upperclass dwelling. This all in one dwelling stands two stories high with a small cellar beneath it. The cellar is encased in thick stone and has shelves likely used for storage previously. The first floor or ground floor has three main rooms. One in front that is a storefront shop including a counter and shelves for items to be shown for sale on. This can include cases for items that need more security as well. Then right behind this room in the center of the dwelling is a "backroom". This middle room is relatively small and is where access to the upper and lower floors is found. It has a closet for storage and a small kitchen area as well as a wood stove for heating. Behind this center room is a small warehouse. this area has a large door that a cart could fit through in order to unload shipments. A cart, if desired, is stored back here as well as a single stall for a donkey to pull it. The area behind is poorly lit and leads to an ally for industrial traffic. The second floor has four bedrooms. All are equipped with whatever beds are desired as well as a closet. Each has a window to the outside world. The house is a box so there are no ledges outside the windows. (art for this dwelling is coming soon unless someone else desires to draw it out.) After a week of owning the place the group has whatever they may need or desire. (a seperate thread will be started to procure any special items or security measures on this house. Most if not all details will be included in the initial cost unless otherwise mentioned)

During the setup of the house the group also goes out to meet with Grimold and Herb. Since they owe Herb money they decide to visit him first. When you find his place of dwelling, the same place where you made the deals with him in the first place, you get an uneasy feeling as if something or someone is also present for the occasion. <perception checks> upon looking around you don't see anything but the feeling persists. Herb opens the door and beckons you in. After you enter he shuts and locks the door behind you.

He commemorates you on your performance and asks if you have his money? His tones are a bit hushed as if he is nervous.
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kenjo Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Lance replies that they do indeed have his money, and gives it to him, and asks how everything is going... and if he needs help with anything.
diplomacy +11
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Main Story line Progression Empty Greedily

Post  Masonimo Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Herb takes the money is quick and greedy fashion. He stares at it for what seems like forever and seems to almost forget that the rest of you are present. As he snaps back to reality with Lance's talking and requests his eyes dart around the room. He then goes behind a counter in the dwelling and fumbles. When he returns the gold is no longer on him or at least not visible.

The feeling of being watched persists in the house <perception check>. Aki notices a mirror about 5ft tall and standing against a wall. Not sure why but the mirror seems to be similar to the mirror that came in their stack of goodies before the execution. Lance Identifies the mirror as magic but is unable to get more before Herb interrupts his concentration.
I am fine. (he says in a voice that attracts attention.) I am just thankful to have my money. It was a big risk I took for all of you but man did it pay off! I must admit I had my doubts but you guys showed them who's boss. They came back strong at first threatening the pit masters to give up the sell out but the chaos of their defeat has shortened their arm.
He pauses for a moment and smiles shaking his head at the floor.
Sure I was a bit worried at first but the threats have ceased over the past couple days.
He goes on with more confidence about Volta's pathetic reign coming to an end. Talking of how they are likely to lose their prestigious power and fall by the way like many other tribes that bite off more than they can chew. He then talks a bit about how he is still watchful because someone out there knows it was him that altered the pit.
But whoever they are they just gave me reward for my cunning bravery! Can you believe that. So yeah I am cautious but I received more than your gold for my efforts.
He puffs up his chest and starts to brag about his cunning nature and wit for spotting good investments. You get the feeling he is still nervous but hiding it behind his success.
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kenjo Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Lance brings the conversation around to the interesting mirror, and eventually asks where he might have acquired it.

Lance also feels the urge to grab him by the shirt and shake him yelling into his face... but suppresses that, and instead, tries to find out what other group could have given him money to set up the pit for us, and why...
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Main Story line Progression Empty A bit unclear

Post  Masonimo Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:23 pm

As the conversation steers to the mirror Herb seems a bit dodgy. He does his best to keep the conversation about the threats and his great cunning but being unskilled in conversation...fails. When talk finally focus's on the mirror he states simply that he got it from an admirer. Someone who noticed his hand in the pit and wanted to make a friend. The mirror was given as a gift of "good faith" to build trust. When confronted about who has shown interest he says it was an up and coming clan known as reflections.
The mirror is the nicest that I have ever seen. i usually ignore requests from small clans but you proved it is not such a bad endeavor. Obviously being able to provide such a beautiful gift this small clan already had wealth which means power is likely not far off.
Smiling and trying to appear intelligent once again he begins to explain that the mirror came once the threats had died down. When Volta gave up trying to find the culprit reflections took the opportunity.
Obviously reflections is better at tracking down information than Volta.
He gives a loud laugh and then almost immediately lowers his voice again. Looking around as if to avoid being seen he notices that Aki has taken quite an interest in the mirror.
Look I do appreciate you stopping by but I am ok. Sure I am not 100% safe but with things in such Chaos Volta does not have the time to figure out who I am.
His voice is uneasy with a shaky forced confidence. His eyes continue to dart around making sure that you are the only ones in the room.
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kenjo Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Lance thinks that perhaps we should look into this reflections clan, and highly suspects that this mirror, as well as the one Aki has, are being used to spy on, and perhaps later, take over other small groups.
Ok, well thank you again for helping us, and if you ever need a favor, don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure we'll be in contact... please let us know if you get an influx of threats or anything.
Lance proceeds to the next item of business... but wants to stop and see a couple friends on the way.
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Main Story line Progression Empty Herb

Post  Masonimo Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Herb seems almost relieved that you are leaving due to Aki's wild look of possessiveness in the direction of the mirror. As you leave his place you notice he locks the door behind him. Despite is confidence and desire to be rid of you he still seems a bit scared, nervous, or overly cautious. As you proceed to Grimolds Lance stops and has a few conversations with "friends". Aki seems almost uncomfortable leaving the mirror but it fades as you distance yourselves from Herbs place.
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Main Story line Progression Empty Grimold's Place

Post  Masonimo Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:56 am

As you reach Grimolds place you find that it is much less inviting than it normally is. As you enter you notice that the door has evidence of forced entry. The weapons are not organized like they once were. There is simply something not right about this situation. As you move into the dwelling/armory you notice that Grimold is in fact present but lying against a bellows holding his ribs. His face is bloody and it looks as if he has been beaten recently. He struggles to speak.
They know... They are coming... Why me... Why... They will kill us all...
He does not look up to the party at all. He just stares blankly across the room. Almost shaking from what you guess would be pain.
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kenjo Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:15 am

Lance quickly asks Aki to heal Grimold, then tries to get the whole story from him.
Who did this to you? Do you know why or what they were after?
Lance also tries to assure him that we can keep him safe... the whole time trying to think of a way to actually keep him safe.
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Main Story line Progression Empty Grimold healed

Post  Masonimo Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Aki stoops and begins to heal Grimold. He responds favorably but does not stop shaking even when his wounds have disappeared. Lance's talk of safety does not seem to provide comfort to his shattered mind. Grimold continues to stare blankly all the while mumbling
They will return... They will come in the night... They will recruit some... and make examples of the rest... Why am I there enemy?...

At this point with the party focused on the small man another figure in the room makes himself noticed. Small in stature and darker in appearance he speaks in hushed tones.
You have upset the power balance and Volta will not simply disappear due to some strong words. This fellow speaks the truth. They will come, recruit, kill, and make examples until either his enemies bow to his will or all is left desolate and destroyed.
The figure shows no hostility towards the party but is a bit too knowledgeable for innocence.
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kenjo Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Lance, thinking as quickly as he can, and seeing that this person seems to know quite a bit about the situation... also noticing that he probably wasn't the one that did this, thinks he would be a useful source of information. This is assuming that he's not in cahoots with the enemy, but Lance has ways of getting information.
Lance will cast hypnotism on him. If it succeeds, the reasonable request will be that he wants to gather and report information that he feels is valuable, to us. If it fails, Lance will fall back to good ol' reliable... charm person, and get as much info as possible out of him before the spell runs out.

P.S. both spells are a 17 will save, and he has a -2 to his will against hypnotism (since we aren't in battle).
OOC: Welcome to the party, Levi!!!
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next