Epic Escape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Main Story Progression

+2
Ammonite
Masonimo
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Main Story Progression - Page 2 Empty Some Options

Post  Scemmie Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Aki likes the idea of extra cash, but is worried about not getting his items/money back. He's very hesitant at first, but then realizes the whole reason he has the items in the first place is because of Lance, so he shouldn't complain.
So Aki sells:
Greataxe-7.5 gp
Battleaxe-15 gp

Aki then walks to lance holding onto a bag with both hands. Once Aki is close enough he extends one hand towards lance, which is gripping the bag, while he turns the rest of his body away. Lance grabs the bag, but notices quickly that Aki is still gripping it firmly. So Lance has to forcefully take the bag out of Aki's hand, which contains 362.5 gp.”

Aki is glad that he help the group, but is still sad about having to get ride of his items and most of his gold. (Yes Aki kept 20 gp, but your talking about a guy who almost smashed in a chest for a crappy bow, so be happy for what he gave you.)

After Aki has regained himself from the loss of his items, he then turns to the group.

"So I got a spells that might help us, but i need your opinion on it... "Hide from undead" with this spell we could still enter in the arena unnoticed and have a surprise attack...but also if there is any other creatures in the arena besides undead the spell will be pretty useless. Another thing, I plan to help one of you. But for me to decide which person, I first need to figure out who needs it the most. So which of you can't take many hits, and is probably the easiest to kill?”

after Aki is done asking his questions, he turns to Rayne.
“elf do you use arrows for that bow? And if you do, you should let me see 50 of your arrows before we enter. . . don't worry you'll like the result.”
Scemmie
Scemmie

Back to top Go down

Main Story Progression - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Story Progression

Post  kenjo Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:47 pm

OOC:
@Leighton:
I agree that the manticores are the biggest threat for this battle.
I think the weak onslaught are the spikes, to just pick and people until someone goes down, then the big guns are when they swoop down to rip the wounded to peices. It seems like since the manticores are flying, they will get out to the arena faster than the vamps. Pretty sure the strategy is to have them come out and be pestering us with ranged spikes while the vampires come in on land, so in my mind, the manticores will be first. We could have a plan beforehand that when the vamps come in, 2 of us split off to take them or something too.
@Heith:
It sounds like you're looking for someone to cast shield other on. The best person for that is going to be someone who is in the thick of battle, probably Ammon's or Dan's characters. Whichever has the least AC and hit points.
As far as hide from undead, vampires are intelligent undead, it couldn't hurt. Although, as soon as any of us makes an attack against anything, the spell will go away for everyone.
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Main Story Progression - Page 2 Empty Help me with spells

Post  Scemmie Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:41 pm

So what do you guys think is a biggest threat? As of right now I’ve been planning on spells to help us against Evil and undead. But since obviously there is other things in the arena, do you guys think I should think of getting some other spells. Examples:
Protection from Evil-
a) +2 deflection bonus to AC and resistance bonus on saves against Evil.
b) Extra saving throw against spells or effects to posses or exercise mental control over the creature
c) Can't be physically touched by Evil creatures.
Day break Arrow-
You cause ammunition to exude radiant energy. Dealing 1d6 extra damage to creatures affected by bright light. Also they shine like a sun road for 1 round after being shot.
Scemmie
Scemmie

Back to top Go down

Post  kenjo Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:50 pm

I think those spells sound great. Everything we're fighting is evil, so the bonuses will be nice.
One thing to remember though, on point c, only summoned evil opponents can't touch you... we still get the other benefits though.
clerics are especially good against undead, because they can channel energy, so you'll be great at keeping the vampires at bay. The manticores, not so much. Smile
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Masonimo Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:36 pm

OOC: @heith... Read you private forums I gave your character some ideas of spells that would be very helpful to the party (aside from the ones mentioned here.) The suggestions are only given as the result of a knowledge check which I rolled for you. (oh and because you are a noob) Just wanted to give you more options to go with your already good ideas.
Masonimo
Masonimo
Admin

https://mason.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  kenjo Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:58 pm

OOC:
Lance also has a buff spell up his sleeve that he intends on using, although it will take a lot of spell power to do so. He has recently acquired the spell protection from arrows, which will give everybody a decent amount of protection against any projectile weapons that we are up against. (including the spikes which the manticores throw)
kenjo
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  shwilly Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:29 pm

kraven steps back into the room with the others.

Clan, i have spoken with the Mindon Tribe and they have agreed to load us their tower shields under certain conditions which are as follows first: Payed back in double for the price of the shields after the fight or the return of the shields with half their value in gold as well. second: That the Mindon Tribe be noted for their contribution to the victory. Third: The Midas Clan owes the Mindon Tribe a favor of equal value. and hit the volta where it hurts with out getting blood on their tribe. if we are agreed on this i'll grab our shields.
shwilly
shwilly
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Scemmie Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Aki ask.
"How many shields are we getting or need?"
Scemmie
Scemmie

Back to top Go down