Starting Point (Waking UP)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Starting Point (Waking UP)

Post  Masonimo on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:07 pm

You all awake feeling the same way. Like you have been sleeping for days and have been beaten severely. You look yourselves over finding no physical damage leaving no explanation for the intense sore and painful feeling that courses through your body. You are in a room that holds a bed and chest for each of you. No pains were taken to ensure the room feels comfortable as is evident by the filthy nature of the floors, walls, and ceiling. Due to the caked dirt and dried blood on the floor you can’t help but feel thankful for the bed that will keep you off of it. The sounds of rats in the walls and a distant pounding sound from above makes the picture complete and you mutually come to the realization that you must be in a low level barracks at the arena. You are all clothed in what seem to be pre-used rags that barely cover your nakedness and provide no protection. A small and dirty metal key hangs on a line of twine around your neck. This must be to the empty chest that sits at the foot of the bed. Not very secure really but it is better than nothing. Your feet are bare, as well as your chest, and that is when you notice the temperature of the room is chili at best. It is likely that you are underground you think to yourself. Before you can do much else a humanoid figure swings open the door. With no hesitation he begins to explain your situation as if in a hurry and reading off a boring and repetitive checklist.
“Welcome to the gladiator pits, you will likely be here until you die. The sooner you accept that the better off you will be. The arena is magically sealed to all of you that are traced. If you try to leave you will not be killed immediately since it took a price to get you here. However, it will cripple you in pain and put you on the short list to a solo in the pit which to date has left no one around to tell the tale. The pit operates in teams so it would be in your best interest to ally with those in this room. You will all be in the arena as a group and no one survives alone. Your fights will be posted on your door 1 week in advance. The key around your neck will open only your chest as well as this door. That is the only security that you have should you live long enough to accumulate anything. Any questions so far?” Without looking up, hesitating, or pausing he continues to ramble. “In order to provide a good show for the cads (wealthy who come to watch) you will not go into the fights with nothing. You have access to the make shift blacksmith, armory, grub hall, and training court. The court is where the Cads can watch your abilities and decide if you are worth a gamble. You won’t have much time before your first fight so I recommend you don’t waste it. If you have any further questions you can ask but answers only come from those who care and I don’t.”
With that he turns and walks out of site. You look to your new comrades and meet the same stare that you find yourself making. What next?!
avatar
Masonimo
Admin

Posts : 188
Join date : 2012-02-21

http://mason.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting Point (Waking UP)

Post  kenjo on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:22 pm

Lance opens the chest at the foot of his bed... what the heck is in here? anything good?
avatar
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Chest Contents

Post  Masonimo on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:12 pm

The chest looks as if it was emptied in a hurry or rather picked through to remove all items of value. Aside from the caked dirt on the bottom that has been stained with blood their is a tattered belt, a small empty sack, and a small pair of sandles. ('these look like they may fit' Lance thinks to himself. 'Perhaps the previous owner of this chest was small as well'.)
avatar
Masonimo
Admin

Posts : 188
Join date : 2012-02-21

http://mason.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting Point (Waking UP)

Post  kenjo on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:16 pm

Lance puts on the sandals and belt, and attaches the small sack to the belt... if he finds anything of value later, it will be nice to have somewhere to put it. He then casts Detect Magic, and looks around the room, wondering about magical barriers, locks, items, etc...
avatar
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Lance's Detect Magic

Post  Masonimo on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:47 am

After waving his hands in the air and putting on a short show of magic the blue in his pupils overtakes the white of his eyes. His sight dashes immediately to the foot of Raath's bed. His eyes shift and fluctuate as if learning something fantastic. His eyes then dash to the belt he recently placed on his waist. Again the look of fascination and learning crosses his face. Lastly his eyes move to the floor. As if seeing it for the first time he analyzes the scratch marks, climbs on his bed to get a better view, and in one AHA moment he falls back on his bed with a sigh. After about 20 seconds of analyzing the room his eyes return to normal and his body relaxes with the smile of small child in a candy shop.
avatar
Masonimo
Admin

Posts : 188
Join date : 2012-02-21

http://mason.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting Point (Waking UP)

Post  kenjo on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:59 pm

After examining his belt a little while longer, Lance pipes up again...
Quite the upbeat crowd we've got in here. It appears, Raath, that somebody has tried to be sneaky... hiding away their treasures inside your mattress. If you'll help me, and supposing that we can find something sharp, I believe there is an item of interest actually sewn into your mattress.
avatar
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting Point (Waking UP)

Post  shwilly on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:33 pm

Kraven moves his feet off to one side of the bed and sits up. He rubs his shoulder to relieve some of the achiness in his limbs and looks at the corroded key on his neck. Remembering what the doorman said he goes to examine the contents of the chest by his bunk. 'Here goes.' he thinks.
avatar
shwilly
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-03-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting Point (Waking UP)

Post  Ammonite on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Raath's eyes narrow skeptically at the little gnome.

"Huh. Well, if you say so. It just so happens that 'finding something sharp' was next on my to-do list. In fact, I aim to find several sharp things. Things I can cut other things with, or other people with... you know the type... I'll be going to do just that. Anyone care to join me? The short- um, Lance and I can take a closer look at my bed when I get back."

With a not-too-uninviting wave of his hand, he invites anyone who cares to come along, and sets off to find himself some suitable weaponry.
avatar
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Posts : 100
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting Point (Waking UP)

Post  kenjo on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:50 pm

It never hurts to have an extra dagger around, just in case. Count me in.
Lance, accustomed to leaving his detect magic spell on when wandering new areas, again casts detect magic under his breath, and follows Raath's lead... keeping his eyes open for anything magical, and noting each thing in his mind as he passes.
avatar
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Findings

Post  Masonimo on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:28 pm

Krahven: Upon further inspection of his trunk he finds only a small flask of red liquid and a broken symbol. The symbol is for Palor, deity of the elves, and the flask contents are unknown because there is no label.

Raath and Lance: Upon leaving the room they find themselves suddenly affronted with a wave of noise. It seems the rooms are made with thick enough walls to block a considerable amount of noise. On their way to the Armory (which is clearly identifiable with a wooden sign over an archway) They pass the following scene.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
A small crowd has gathered around the ring in the center of the room. A half orc that stands roughly 7 feet tall and wielding a battle ax and impressive looking shield is preparing to fight with an average looking human that looks almost scared to be there. The orc slams his shield with his ax and lets out a roar as his muscles bulk and bulge. His eyes go bloodshot as he approaches the human with such haste and spontaneity the human can barely respond. The orc Slams into the man with such force that it appears to knock him right off his feet. The man is slammed to his back with a crack and scream of pain. The half orc then takes the broad side of his ax and smashes it across the mans face and leaving a small trail of blood. After the orc rises and lets out another loud roar he looks up to the people watching from above and flexes before leaving the ring. The human man is then dragged from the ring shortly after and into a room on the side by what look to be his friends.
By this point you have reached the armory entrance. As you enter you see the walls are lined with simple weapons of all kinds. Most have probably seen too many fights. There are four large anvils and a billows as well as a carpentry station. There are a few other people in there but only one who looks confident in what he is doing. Upon your entrance he raises his head and says in a cheerful voice.
"Hello there! My name is Grimold." he sets down his work and walks towards you. "You seem like you have potential" he says motioning to Raath and ignoring Lance. "What kind of weapon are you looking for?"
avatar
Masonimo
Admin

Posts : 188
Join date : 2012-02-21

http://mason.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting Point (Waking UP)

Post  kenjo on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:27 pm

Lance mutters something under his breath (charm person on Grimold: Will save 17 or charmed for 4 hours).
Despite the fact that the man ignored him moments earlier, Lance speaks up as if he and Grimold have been friends since way back.
Hello Grimold, I am Lance, and this is Raath. My friend and I would like to see the finest weapons we can get our hands on, if at all possible.
Diplomacy: +9
Lance also tries to figure out the relative worth of any weapons being shown...
Appraise: +10
avatar
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

I CLEAVE!!! j/k

Post  Ammonite on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Raath casts another suspicious glance at Lance as he notices his strange mutterings... (He doesn't know much about magic you see), but quickly redirects his attention to Grimold.

Well met sir. And I suppose we'll see soon enough just how much potential I have. I am looking to get my hands on the biggest sword you have that a man could still possibly wield with one hand (b-sword). And I'm looking for a reliable off-hand blade; something short and handy, like gladius size, ya follow me? What can you do for me there? Also, I believe my friend... uh... Vance was it? ...er......anyway he said he might be interested in a dagger or two.

Raath also keeps a cautious eye on those others in the room, just in case anyone of note might do/say anything interesting that he may want to see/hear
Perception: +5
avatar
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Posts : 100
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Why?

Post  Leightonius on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Rayne sits on the edge of his bed, staring at something no one else seems to see. He didn't even take note of the man at the door, not appearing to even hear his instructions. There's a distance in his look that would make any observer question his very presence if not for the evidence their own eyes provide. As the others begin their investigations and conversation Rayne remains silent and fixed, providing no reaction to the mutterings and bustle.
avatar
Leightonius
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Posts : 48
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting Point (Waking UP)

Post  shwilly on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:02 pm

Krahven sniffs at the concoction not sure what to make of it or the symbol. he decides to hang onto them for a while until something better comes along. he moves to join the others near the armory.

lance, what are these? do your blue-eye trick and tell me if you can. Grimold i want something big, something sharp, something sturdy, and something that is built for war.
avatar
shwilly
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-03-05

Back to top Go down

Charmed

Post  Masonimo on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:41 pm

Raath, Krahven, Lance:
Grimold eyes shift a bit while talking to Raath. As if he can't help but recognize Lance from a long lost friendship. After listening to Raath's request he chimes in... "Yeah your looking for a hand and a half sword but it's not easily given so early on." he says with his eyes almost entirely fixed on Lance now and his voice trailing off. He completely ignores Krahven as he starts a way to comfortable conversation with Lance.
"Well young sir the finest weapons you can get your hands on would not be found in this low level shop. I am only supposed to provide the most basic of weaponry to the new comers." He leans in and his voice gets quieter. "You let me know just what you are looking for though and I will see what I can do." he winks and waits to hear from Lance what he needs to find.


Last edited by Masonimo on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Masonimo
Admin

Posts : 188
Join date : 2012-02-21

http://mason.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Aki: Awakening

Post  Scemmie on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Finally, Aki Awakens from the noise of the other people in the room. He sit up on his bed with a puzzled look. Due to Aki sleeping through most of the details he is out of the loop and doesn't know hardly anything. Still confused Aki jumps off his bed to figure out the situation. This is when he realizes the key around his neck, which immediately makes him curious what it opens. he quickly finds a chest near his bed and tries to use the key to open it.

After opening the chest and getting the contents Aki walks towards the group of people to try and find out what the situation is.
avatar
Scemmie

Posts : 25
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting Point (Waking UP)

Post  kenjo on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:43 pm

As Aki approaches, Lance takes the small flask, and symbol from Krahven.
I'll examine these further when we get back to our room, but right now, there are weapons to acquire
He slips the two items into the pouch hanging at his belt, and turns back to Grimold, speaking in a sort of conspiratorial tone, as if being secretive.
Well, since you offered... I would like to get my hands on a couple of daggers, and perhaps a small crossbow, but probably the most helpful thing to me, would be getting my friends here (he motions toward Krahven, Raath, and Aki) the items they desire. You see, I will be fighting with them in the arena, and weapons for them is of far greater value and protection to me, than any weapon in my own hands would be. Also, if there are any protective items around, we would be very grateful for assistance in finding them.
avatar
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Trying to get some Items. Thank you little guy :)

Post  Scemmie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Aki glances towards Lance seeing that the Grimold seem to like him. He doesn't know why Grimold likes him so much, and honestly he doesn't care. But he knows that this is his opportunity to get some items.

After Lance is finished talking Aki Immediately steps forward to talk to Grimold.
"Well you heard the little guy, So if you have a good battle ax I would like it. . . Oh and also if you have any heavy cross bows I'll be glad to take that off your hands also."
After Aki is done talking to Grimold, he turns back to Lance and walks to him.
"So I don't think we know each other very well, but you seem to be very useful and someone that can help me. So how about after we're done here you come with me to the armory. Because it'll be a lot easier to protect you if I got some armor and a shield."
After saying this Aki lingers over Lance as a horribly awkward smile (Which is the best he can do by the way) comes across his face. He continues to look at Lance with his shoulders shrugged, and his eyes widened as if he was in a trance, as he waits patiently for Lances reply, and hoping to get more items out of the deal.
avatar
Scemmie

Posts : 25
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Oh I see...

Post  Ammonite on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Raath cocks one eyebrow

AT LANCE:
Well it looks like you made a new friend. While you're at it, can you get me a couple of sturdy fighting blades? One long, one short? This fellow seems to have lost interest in me.

MUTTERS TO HIMSELF:
Just as well I suppose.

He pauses and thoughtfully strokes his chin with a thumb and forefinger for a minute, while studying the persuasive little gnome.

AT LANCE:
So what exactly did you do to land yourself in a place like this anyway?

avatar
Ammonite
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Posts : 100
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting Point (Waking UP)

Post  kenjo on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:17 pm

Under his breath at aki...and with a winning smile,
Not to worry, we'll get you some armor and shields if we can... And we can.
At Raath:
I have been known to be quite mischievous... And there is some trouble that you can't get out of no matter how much people like you. We should probably talk about the specifics later.
avatar
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Grimold's Mission

Post  Masonimo on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:32 am

Grimold nods his head in approval and understanding once Lance has finished his request. He pulls out some parchment and begins to make notes of the weapons that people request. Remembering Raath's initial request he starts there and then writes down the request of Lance. At this point Aki confronts him with his request. As Aki boldly demands items Grimold looks sour at him and sketches a few things down. The feeling is apparent to all that in a normal situation he would have denied this request but for Lance's sake he continues. He then jots down some of Krahvens ideas for weapons.
Looking down at the list his eyes widen.
"Well young sir you have a lot for me to find and much of which I don't have on hand but don't worry old Grimold will find it for ya." he nudges Lance like an old friend. "Well I better be off. Some of these things will be harder to come by than others."
He leaves the room swiftly and it is at this point that everyone (but Krahven) notices that the other people in the room are glancing suspiciously in their direction. Uncomfortable gestures are made between the onlookers and an uneasy feeling settles on the group.
avatar
Masonimo
Admin

Posts : 188
Join date : 2012-02-21

http://mason.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting Point (Waking UP)

Post  shwilly on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:04 pm

krahven lets loose a light bellow.

haha i didnt think it was going to be that easy. hey what are you guys looking at?
he looks around his party, they seem to be looking at something though he doesnt know what they are seeing.
avatar
shwilly
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-03-05

Back to top Go down

Moving ahead

Post  Masonimo on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:01 pm

After Grimold leaves the party is able to go the armory and place orders here for the various armor items they are looking for. Nothing special but it will work for now. Since the armor will not arrive for another two days the party returns to their room to pass the time, discuss the days events so far, and make plans for their futures.

Side Note: Aki, you found a 20ft tattered rope, the bone remains of a small creature, and a single pair of rusty wrist shackles with no key to lock or unlock them.
avatar
Masonimo
Admin

Posts : 188
Join date : 2012-02-21

http://mason.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Items

Post  Scemmie on Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Aki not sure what to do with the bones decides to leave them in his chest. He removes the shackles and the rope from the chest, and decides to keep them with him for the the time being.

(Question) are the shackles already locked or still open?
avatar
Scemmie

Posts : 25
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting Point (Waking UP)

Post  kenjo on Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Now that everybody is back in the room and (I assume) equipped with the appropriate weapons, Lance's natural curiosity is getting the better of him, and he's aching to find out what's sewn into the mattress assigned to Raath.
well Raath, I think we need to see what's being hidden in your mattress, mind if I slice it open, right about here?
Lance indicates a place near the foot of the mattress, underneath, where it shouldn't be noticed until somebody tries to change the mattress, which he assumes doesn't happen very often.
avatar
kenjo
Powerful Man
Powerful Man

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting Point (Waking UP)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum